Suppliers, Venue & Stand Build
• Work with our suppliers to offer sustainable options by reusable, recycling and consolidating our freight
• 70% of the materials used for feature builds are reuseable or recyclable
• All other waste generated during the exhibition is sorted and recycled by the venue
• All shell scheme stands were lit with energy-efficient LED bulbs
• Hall lighting was operated on a schedule based around the hall opening hours.
• Use digital signage and digital guides to reduce printed materials
• Offer recycling facilities throughout the exhibition
• Water bottle refill stations provided around the show to reduce plastic waste
• Catering is locally and regionally sourced
• Menu choices accommodated dietary requirements of all visitors. Numbers were checked to accommodate attendees and reduce waste where possible.
• Food was served with cutlery and china to reduce waste
Transport & Logistics
• Team dinners were arranged locally within walking distance to the hotel most evenings to reduce transport-related emissions. When transport was required throughout the show days, public transport and car sharing was pre-arranged to ensure the number of taxis required were minimal and reducing number of hours on the road and CO2 emissions
• Consolidation of freight and reduction of vehicles travelling to the venue
• Structures for the Tasting Centre and New Product Zone were bespoke with carpentry structures were prefabricated to minimise waste
• All vehicle deliveries booked through a vehicle management system
• Visitors were encouraged to leave their lanyards in bins located by the exits from the halls. Unbranded lanyards will be reused at future shows
• Exhibitor badges available to pre-print for the first year, reducing number printed onsite.
• Ensure the safety of all those onsite through implementing the highest health & safety best practice
• Offer a Sustainability Checklist at the point of stand planning to encourage re-using stands year on year
• Registration staff, a health and safely partner and floor managers were source locally in Singapore under local legislation